“Out of Uniform = Out of Class”
The school uniform is intended to develop a sense of pride and self-discipline. In deciding to attend Notre Dame Catholic Secondary School, students and parents make a commitment to comply with and support the School Uniform Policy.
All uniform items are to be purchased from our supplier InSchoolwear either online, by phone order or in person at their Burlington store (1800 Appleby Line, Unit 8) except for the following:
- The co-curricular navy fleece is ordered through the school
- Gym uniforms (t-shirts and shorts) are purchased directly from the school
- Used uniform items are available at the school’s New 2 U store
- ND Spirit Wear may be purchased at the Shamrock but is not part of the uniform
The school uniform consists of:
- golf shirt – white or green
- oxford shirt – white
- French-cut blouse – white
- striped rugby shirt
- full zip sweatshirt – navy
- ¼ zip sweatshirt – green
- co-curricular fleece – navy
- dress pants – grey
- walking shorts – navy
- capris – navy
Shoes must be solid black dress shoes OR running shoes. No slippers are allowed. All laces must be plain black.
Optional Items Which May Be Purchased Elsewhere:
- a plain white undershirt, t-shirt or camisole may be worn under the school shirt – no coloured shirts of any kind may be worn
- a plain white turtleneck may be worn under any crested shirt or sweater
- a plain black/brown belt – no insignias or logos
- Notre Dame tie
- All school tops, walking shorts and capris are embroidered with the ND logo.
- Hosiery/socks MUST be worn with the uniform.
- Hats, caps, baseball hats are not to be worn inside the school building at any time. Students are advised to remove these items upon entering the building.
- Students are to be in full uniform for the entire school day while at school, including lunch periods.
- Uniform items must be worn properly (i.e. pant waistlines are to be worn at the waist) and must be in good condition. Ripped, torn or unhemmed items are not permitted.
- Non-uniform items (jackets, caps, sweaters, etc.) are not to be worn in the school.
- The v-neck, cardigan, vest, fleece and sweatshirt must have a school shirt underneath.
- Only plain white t-shirts are acceptable under the uniform blouse/shirt.
- Accessories (belts worn over sweaters, scarves, dog collars, stud-ded jewelry & heavy chains, etc) are not to be worn with the school uniform. Inappropriate logos or symbols that are not in keeping with our Catholic values are not permitted (e.g.. Playboy jewelry or accessories) The school Administration reserves the right to determine whether or not items are appropriate.
- The overall appearance of the uniform must be neat and consistent with the model presented above.
- Physical education clothing should provide for comfortable, modest and safe movement during activities. Students who wear clothing which is either too baggy or too tight will not be permitted to participate in class.
- On non-uniform (civvies) days and other school events, students are expected to follow the Civvies Day Guidelines.
- Students not in full uniform will not be admitted to classes. Students who incur frequent infractions will face consequences which may include: no civvies privileges, detention and in extreme cases suspension.
Burlington Store Info