Students are responsible for:
- using Board technology for curriculum-related/educational purposes only; • using personally owned technology for curriculum-related/educational purposes only while on Board property (e.g. classrooms or instructional areas);
- using personally owned technology for personal use only in specific areas of
- Board property as designated by school administration;
- using personally-owned technology in accordance with the obligations and responsibilities outlined in the Board Policy I-43 Use of Technology and Digital Citizenship.
- demonstrating digital citizenship through the appropriate use of technology, as outlined in schools’ Codes of Conduct;
- reporting any inappropriate use of email, data or unauthorized technology to a teacher or administrator immediately; and
- the care, maintenance and security of their personal electronic devices – the Board is not responsible for the replacement of lost, stolen or damaged items. Confiscated electronic personal devices will only be returned by the Administration to the student at the end of the school day. Any unauthorized audio or video recording or photography of students or staff is not permitted.
Consequences as appropriate may be applied by the Administration.
The school is not responsible for loss of items.